Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dear trim manufacturers

My husband and I spent some time roaming the halls of a popular hardware store this evening in search of trim for our new home. We found a vast selection of trim designs. Big bevels, little bevels, ornamental designs, and geometric etchings abounded. Completely absent from this vast selection was one beautiful shape perhaps unknown to you: the rectangle. I have included a rough interpretation of this shape above for your reference.

The plain, unadorned rectangle is perfectly suited to baseboards, window frames, and other trim applications. It would be inexpensive to make, and the amount my husband and I need alone would support a small start-up product line.

Try it. We'll buy it!

3 comments:

Lynnbot said...

This entry is HILARIOUS! I like your reference to a shape many have not heard of. I think you might have to go fancier. something with heart cut-outs preferably.

Lorie and John said...

I wanted cross-bone cut-outs peppered with Tazmanian devils, but kill-joy John said no.

papa/dad said...

What do you guys think of Lighthouses as a decoration on the rails every two feet or so different styles and colors that would be way cool son.