Thursday, June 19, 2008

Christmas in June

Today was a big day chez Boucher-Thurston, to say the least. Our second flight of stairs -- the long run that extends from the second to the third floor -- was installed today! Amazingly, the stairs fit perfectly. They are absolutely stunning, and they don't even have railings or treads on them yet. They are the height of excellent design, engineering and craftsmanship. If stairs could say "I do," I'd marry them. They are gorgeous.

We also had the pleasure of meeting some of our new neighbours today (and yesterday, too), who told us they think the house looks great and welcomed us to the neighbourhood. We were very encouraged by their welcome. It was great to put names to some of the faces we will see on Crichton Street in the days and years to come.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice looking stairs, very modern. I can't wait to see them in person. Those floors are also very cool...quite the house. Ned

papa/dad said...

Looks like the ladder phobia is on stand by for a while. Looks pretty good too. I am anxious to get the feel of them.

Lynnbot said...

hope I don'y get vertigo! Yikes! Looks cool though. Have you been up them yet?

Lorie and John said...

Yep, I've been up them a few times. They're actually not as bad as I feared. When they have railings, I'm pretty sure I won't have any problems with them. You'll be okay, too, you'll see.