Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tubs in!








Both of our tubs were installed today. The photo on the left shows the tub and shower enclosure in the first-floor bathroom. We were sure that it wouldn't fit (the unit specifications said it was 85 inches high, and the space available was measured at 84 inches), but somehow it worked. Because of the size of that bathroom, it was difficult to get a good photo of it, but you can kind of make it out through the door opening. The photo on the right shows our larger tub in the third-floor bathroom. The separate shower enclosure is on the right, outside of the image. We got this tub at a steal: on sale for $189, down from $981. It had been previously installed in another home, and the owners decided they didn't want it for whatever reason (colour, fit, etc.) and returned it. It's six feet long by 3.5 feet wide; big enough for two, if you were so inclined.

For those of you who might be wondering, I braved the ladder (a different one, this time from the second-floor deck to the third-floor balcony) to check out the progress upstairs. As mentioned earlier, Alan, our stair builder, is working hard to put my ladder days behind me.

2 comments:

Lynnbot said...

If you are looking for me, I'll be in my dream bath tub...on your third floor!
That's right, try and get me out: big enough for two? Big enough for ME!

Lorie and John said...

Hahaha! You can take a dip anytime. The funniest thing about it is that John was the biggest advocate for the tub. "But you don't even take baths!" I said. "I would if I had that tub!" he replied.